is a tractor
and heavy equipment manufacturer based in Osaka, Japan
. One of its notable contributions was to the construction of the Solar Ark
The company was established in 1890.
The company produces many products including tractor
s and agricultural equipment, engine
s, construction equipment
, vending machine
s, cast metal
s and equipment for water purification
, sewage treatment
and air conditioning
are in both diesel
or spark ignition forms, ranging from the tiny 0.276 liter engine to 6.1 liter engine, in both air-cooled and-liquid cooled designs, naturally-aspirated and forced induction. Cylinder configurations are from single cylinder to inline six cylinders, with single cylinder to four-cylinder are the most common. Those engines are widely used in agricultural equipment, construction equipment, tractors, and marine propulsion.
The company is listed on the first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange
and is a constituent of the TOPIX 100
and Nikkei 225
The company is also known for designing 3D graphics chips in the 1990s.
* Established as a foundry.
* Started production of castings for weighting equipment and daily commodities.
* Began production of cast iron pipes for water supply.
* Opened the Amagasaki Plant.
* Changed the corporate name from Oide Chuzo-jo (Oide Foundry) to Kubota Tekko-jo (Kubota Iron Works).
* Initiated production of waterworks equipment such as fire hydrants and gate valves.
* Opened the Amagasaki Plant and relocated manufacturing.
* Started production of oil-based engines for agro-industrial purposes, settanki (fuel economizer: energy-saving equipment utilizing waste gas), and heat-resistant cast iron.
* The Ministry of Commerce and Industry selected the Kubota Oil Engine as an "Excellent Domestic Product".
* Initial public offering. A technical vocational institute was set up in each plant.
* Developed the cultivator and initiated production and sales.
* Changed corporate name from K.K. Kubota Tekko-jo to Kubota Tekko K.K. Established Kubota Kenki K.K. and entered the construction equipment industry.
* Began production of power shovels and other construction equipment as well as marine deck machineries.
* Created a corporate slogan, "From country building to rice making".
* Advanced into the arena of housing-related materials.
* Started production of "Colorbest" housing material.
* Developed and commercialized first Japanese farm tractor.
* Received and completed an order for an overseas water supply project (Phnom Penh) for the first time in Japan.
* Full-scale entry into the environmental improvement business.
* Started production of paddy field tractors.
* Began production of vending machines.
* Initiated production of municipal incineration plants.
* Launched a new corporate slogan, "Create and environment affluent to human beings".
* Started production of combines.
* Completed an integrated system for agricultural mechanization.
* Full scale entry into the field of incinerators.
* Established Kubota Tractor Corporation in the US to fully enter the US tractor market.
* Received an order for an irrigation system from the state of Sharkia, Egypt, and worked on desert greening.
* Launched a new slogan, "Pursuing a promised future with our technological strength".
* Started production of electronic circuit boards, hard discs, and radio-controlled lawnmowers.
* Participated in desert greening projects, the Sahil Greenbelt Plan and the Green Earth Plan
* Altered the corporate name to Kubota Corporation.
* Introduced new corporate symbol and visual identity system.
* Co-presented a fountain and water splitting equipment ALEPH at the International Garden and Greenery Exposition.
* Launched a new slogan, "Let's make our habitat more beautiful".
* Initiated the research and development of incineration plants with high-efficiency waste-generated power facility.
* International Environmental Planning Center was established in the Faculty of Engineering, the University of Tokyo, supported by a donation from Kubota Corporation.
* Kankyo Chosa Center and the Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun awarded the Director General's Prize and Excellent Prize of the Environmental Agency to Kubota's domestic wastewater treatment system with immersion-type organic flat membrane.
* Total production exceeded 20 million units for Kubota's industrial engine.
* Completed a new factory for implements in the United States. (Kubota Industrial Equipment Corporation (KIE))
* Completed the first tractor production plant for a Japanese company in Thailand.\
* (Siam Kubota Tractor Co.,Ltd.)
* Completed a ductile iron pipe plant in India.
* (Tata Metaliks Kubota Pipes Limited (TMKPL))
* Started production of combine harvesters in Thailand (SIAM KUBOTA Corporation).
* Established a pump production and sales company in China (Anhui Kubota Sanlian Pump).
* Established Regional Headquarters in China.
* Completed a cast steel product plant in Saudi Arabia (Kubota Saudi Arabia Company).
* Completed a construction machinery plant in China (Kubota Construction Machinery (Wuxi)).
* Established a company specialized in the import, milling, and sale of Japanese rice in Hong Kong (Kubota Rice Industry(H.K.)CO., Ltd.)
* Acquired and transformed Kverneland AS, into a subsidiary.
* Established an engine production plant in China (Kubota Engine (WUXI) Co.,Ltd.)
* Established "Kubota Identity," a global corporate principles, and adopted a new brand statement logo.
* Acquired water treatment engineering company and established KUBOTA KASUI Corporation.
* Established a parts procurement company in Thailand
* Established a production plant for compact tractors in the U.S.
* Established a company specialized in the import, milling, and sale of Japanese rice in Singapore (Kubota Rice Industry (Singapore) PTE Ltd.)
: Established an upland farming tractor manufacturing company in France (Kubota Farm Machinery Europe S.A.S.)
* Kubota Spears
- a rugby
team that plays in the Top League
Category:Manufacturing companies based in Osaka
Category:Companies listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
Category:Companies listed on the Osaka Exchange
Category:Companies formerly listed on the New York Stock Exchange
Category:Construction equipment manufacturers of Japan
Category:Companies based in Osaka Prefecture
Category:Vehicle manufacturing companies established in 1890
Category:Manufacturing companies established in 1890
Category:Defense companies of Japan
Category:Tractor manufacturers of Japan
Category:Lawn and garden tractors
Category:Conglomerate companies of Japan
Category:Japanese companies established in 1890
Category:Engine manufacturers of Japan